Richest Igbo Men In Nigeria: The Igbos are Nigeria’s most productive tribe, thus you don’t need to ask who the wealthiest Igbo men are. The Igbo tribe can be found in Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea in addition to the southern and southern-eastern regions of Nigeria. Since it is unclear how the Igbo people came to be, there has been considerable conjecture regarding their history. The Igbo are most closely related to other Niger-Congo speakers, according to genetic tests.
One of the most numerous tribes in Nigeria is the Igbo. The hard-working temperament and desire for riches and luxury of Igbo men and women are well-known traits of this ethnic group. The wealthiest Igbo men are highlighted in this article.
Recommended: Richest Tribes in Nigeria 2022
Top 11 Richest Igbo Men In Nigeria And Their Networth 2023
1. Arthur Eze: Arthur Eze is a major player in the oil and gas sector in Nigeria. He serves as CEO of Atlas Oranto Petroleum, one of the biggest privately held oil companies in Nigeria. Arthur Eze, an Anambra State native who grew up in Ukp, Dunukofia Local Government Area, attended St. Augustine Secondary School in Nkwere, Imo State, in the 1970s before enrolling in California State University in 1974 to study mechanical and chemical engineering.
Arthur Eze, an affluent Igbo man and a member of the royal family, is frequently referred to as Prince Arthur Eze. He is known as “Ozoigbondu” in Ndi Igbo. Prince Arthur Eze is thought to have a net worth of $5.8 billion. And is one of Nigeria’s wealthiest Igbo guys.
2. Ibeto Cletus M: On our list of the wealthiest Igbo men in Nigeria, Cletus Ibeto comes in second. As Cletus Ibeto, he was born on December 6th, 1952 in Nnewi, Anambra State. Despite not having been born into wealth, he is currently among the richest Igbo individuals in terms of money.
He is a successful entrepreneur and prominent businessman in Nigeria who sells motor spare parts. However, he has now diversified into other businesses, including banking, real estate, cement production, and vehicle couplings. The IBETO Group is the most well-known producer of automotive replacement parts in Nigeria. With a net worth of $3.8 billion, Cletus Ibeto is one of the richest Igbo men in the world as a consequence of all of these profitable enterprises.
He is currently one of the wealthiest Igbo guys in Nigeria. The well-known Nigerian carmaker Innoson Motors was founded by Cletus Ibeto, who also owns numerous of the company’s vehicles.
Also see: How to start and register a school in Nigeria
3. Benedict Peters: The wealthy businessman Benedict Peters is among the richest Igbo persons in Nigeria. He founded and serves as CEO of Aiteo Group, a company in the oil and gas sector. He was born in Ebonyi State and was raised in Delta State. Benedict Peters obtained a degree in geography and urban planning from the University of Benin.
According to reports, Aiteo Group is the owner of Oil Mining Lease 29 (OML) and the Nembe Creek Trunk Line (NCTL) in the Eastern Niger Delta. Father of four and devoted spouse, Benedict Peters. Benedict Peters is said to be worth $3.3 billion.
4. Emeka Offor: Despite being a native of Irefi Oraifite, Ezekiel Emeka Offor was born on February 10th, 1957, in Ekwusigo LGA, Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Kaduna State. This man is highly recognized for both his kindness and financial success. Pa Abadi gave him advice and helped him get the funding he needed to import his first batch of bitumen through Rivways Lines Nigeria Ltd. Within two years, he was able to supply large construction companies like Julius Berger Nig. Ltd, Fougerolle Nigeria Ltd, and Guffanti Nigeria Ltd with the material.
Emeka Offor’s net worth is thought to be $2.9 billion as a consequence of his commitment to business. He is one of the richest Igbo persons living in Nigeria right now.
Recommended: Highest Paying Companies in the world 2022
5. Tony Elumelu: Tony Elumelu, a business tycoon from Nigeria, is thought to be worth $1.4 billion. He served as UBA’s CEO before starting Heir Holdings, his own business. He established the Tony Elumelu Foundation, which has provided startup funding to thousands of African business owners.
During his time at UBA, he assisted the bank in transitioning from a Nigerian institution to one with a presence in 19 African nations. Tony Elumelu, a graduate of Harvard Business School, is renowned for his work in nonprofit and governmental institutions. In all, he has holdings in the financial services, real estate, tourism, agricultural, and healthcare sectors. These investments are managed by Heir Holdings, his investing firm.
6. Ifeanyi Ubah: Businessman, investor, entrepreneur, and philanthropist Ifeanyi Ubah is well-known in Nigeria. He owns the Nigerian football team Ifeanyi Ubah F.C. and is an avid sports fan. The CEO and owner of Nigeria’s top oil and gas business, Capital Oil and Gas Industries Limited, he is also its owner. He really began his path to wealth by selling tire supplies and vehicle replacement parts.
Due to his love for the industry, he was able to grow his business outside of Nigeria and he began exporting tires from Nigeria to Ghana, Liberia, and even Sierra Leone. The current net worth of Ifeanyi Ubah is believed to be $1.7 billion.
Recommended: Youngest billionaire in Nigeria and their age
7. Allen Onyema: There is a man who is very concerned about preserving peace among ethnic groups, yet some Nigerians want Nigeria to break up due to racism or ethnic differences. He is known as a “Conflict Resolution Expert” who has captured Nigerians’ hearts via his charitable endeavors. Allen Ifechukwu Onyema is his name.
According to estimates, Allen Ifechukwu Onyema is worth $3 billion. Allen Ifechukwu Onyema, the boss, has been observed with a variety of vehicles, including a Rolls Royce, a Mercedes-Benz G-Class, a Landcruiser Prado, a 2019 Toyota Hilux, and airplanes. He runs Air Peace Airlines, after all.
Recommended: Differences Between Will and Would With Examples
8. Emmanuel Uba: In April 2011, Emmanuel Nnamdi Uba, also known as Andy Uba, was elected to serve as the senator for the Anambra South Senatorial District of Nigeria. He ran a campaign for the People’s Democratic Party (PDP). Emmanuel Uba attended the Boys High School in Awkunanaw after being born on December 14th, 1958, in Enugu. His ancestors were from Uga in the Anambra State region of Aguata LGA.
According to Emmanuel Uba, he continued his education at Concordia University, however the university has denied that Emmanuel Nnamdi Uba left. They acknowledged that according to their records, a certain Emmanuel Uba was admitted to the foundation but never completed the course.
Senator Emmanuel Andy Ubah’s overall net worth is now estimated to be $2.1 billion.
Also see: Most corrupt countries in Africa and why
9. Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma: Nigerian entrepreneur and businessman Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma. He founded Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing, the first automaker in Africa, and serves as chairman of the Innoson Group of Companies. On October 1, 1961, Innocent Chukwuma was born in Uru-Umdim, Nnewi, Anambra State. His mother, Martina Chukwuma, was a stay-at-home mother while his father, Chukwuma Mojekwu, worked for the government. He is the last of the four men and two girls that make up the six siblings.
Innocent Chukwuma started his own business by trading in cruiser spare parts. Since then, he has risen to prominence in Nigeria’s car manufacturing region. Innocent Chukwuma, the creator of Africa’s largest automobile manufacturer, is thought to have a $1 billion net worth.
Recommended: Countries with the highest rate of cybercrime 2023
10. Orji Uzor Kalu: He is the pioneer behind Slok Holding, a West African combination with interests in delivery, banking, oil exchanging, fabricating and the media. After being expelled from a Nigerian university for leading a series of student riots, he started his career in business at the age of 19.
He started trading commodities like palm oil, rice, and sugar after borrowing $35 from his mother. By the time he was 20 years old, he had diversified into transportation and the production of furniture. When the Nigerian military government gave him lucrative contracts to import and supply arms and ammunition to Nigeria’s military and defense forces, he hit the big time in the early 1980s.
He was beforehand a legislative leader of Abia state in Nigeria’s southeast. Due to weakness in the oil industry and a decline in real estate prices, Forbes’ estimate of his net worth has decreased since last year. In December 1989, in his hometown of Igbere, Abia State, Kalu tied the knot with Ms. Ifeoma Ada Menakaya. They have four children together: Nicole Uzor Kalu, Michael Uzor Kalu, Olivia Uzor Kalu, and Neya Uzor Kalu. He has an estimated netwroth of 3.2 Billion.
11. Rochas Okorocha: One of the wealthiest politicians is from Imo State in the southeast of Nigeria, and Rochas Okorocha is recognized as the richest politician in Nigeria for the calendar year 2018. He had a successful business career before entering politics.
Rochas ran for governor of Imo State in the governorship elections in 2011 and 2015, winning both times. Additionally, he is the creator of the Rochas Foundation, a group that runs exclusive institutions for the less fortunate members of society. According to estimates, Rochas is worth a staggering $1.5 billion.
Recommended: Countries with the best education system in Africa
The Igbo are one of Nigeria’s most productive ethnic groupings. These folks have consistently produced multimillionaires and billionaires as a result of their tenacity and diligence.
Get into what you’re doing and never, under any circumstances, give up on yourself if you want to succeed in life.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.
This is basically a compilation of the richest men in Anambra State.
What happened to Leo Stan Ekeh of Zinox Computers, Orange Drugs and many more affluent big wigs outside Anambra State?
Orji Uzor Kalu ?
It was never an easy thing..i pray god will send me my destiny helper on time.