UNICAL admission requirements 2023/2024: As an aspirant of the prestigious University of Calabar (UNICAL) it is very important that you know the admission requirements of the university before applying for admission. The reason is because, most universities in Nigeria will not offer admission to aspirants that did not meet up with the admission requirements of the institution.
So, if you really want to gain admission into any institution in Nigeria this year, you must know the admission requirements of that institution and work with it. In case you do not know, Admission Requirements are just like the criteria used by school managements to decide who should be offered admission and who should not be offered admission.
Most times, students don’t gain admission into tertiary institution in Nigeria because they didn’t even check the admission requirements of the school they applied, which is very bad. Well, in other not to waste your time, I will share with you UNICAL admission requirements for UTME and Direct Entry candidates.
But before then, I would like to share with you some things about UNICAL Admission process that you probably don’t know about.
- UNICAL departmental cutoff marks for this session is out! CHECK HERE
- UNICAL School fees and how to pay online
- Read FREE news and updates from the University of Calabar here.
- See how to apply for UNICAL post UTME examination here
About the University of Calabar (UNICAL)
The university of Calabar is one of the most populated and most prestigious universities in Nigeria. The university was established in 1975 to fulfill this traditional mandate of its motto; “Knowledge for Service”. Despite the fact that UNICAL is a second generation federal university in Nigeria, the university is currently competing with other top schools in Nigeria. In my opinion, UNICAL should be among the top 5 universities in Nigeria with good academic standards. Trust me; the school is really doing well.
Nonetheless, this actually contributes to the reason why the university is very competitive. I mean, about 5,000 students apply for admission into UNICAL every year. But that shouldn’t scare you anyway. UNICAL will always offer admission to candidates that meet the requirements for admission. So, what you should concentrate on as an aspirant of the prestigious University of Calabar, is to meet up with the requirements for admission in the school.
As we continue I will share with you the UTME and Direct Entry admission requirements of the prestigious UNICAL for 2023/2024 academic session.
Recommended: Best art courses to study in the university
UNICAL Admission Requirements for UTME candidates 2023/2024
Below are the requirements for UTME candidates that want to study in the prestigious University of Calabar (UNICAL):
- Candidates must have an O’level Credit in 5(five) different subjects (English Language and mathematics inclusive). This could be in WAEC/NECO/GCE/NABTEB or any equivalent result.
- Candidates must score up to 180 to qualify for UNICAL post UTME screening.
- Candidates must make the University of Calabar (UNICAL) their first choice of institution. Second choice candidates will be considered when offering admission.
- Candidates are expected to choose the correct and official subject combination for their courses to be offered admission into the University of Calabar.
- Candidates must participate in UNICAL post UTME screening and must pass the test excellently well.
Important Notice: Candidates are to note that the University of Calabar accept two sittings result for admission. Thus, you can use, at most, two O’level results to apply for admission. Check here to see how to combine WAEC and NECO result for admission.
UNICAL Admission Requirements For Direct Entry candidates 2023/2024
Below are the requirements for direct entry admission into the University of Calabar (UNICAL):
- Direct entry candidates are expect to have Two A’level passes or two NCE passes in those subjects that are relevant to their area of study.
- Direct entry candidates must participate in UNICAL Post UTME screening for all aspirants.
- Candidates are expected to purchase and register for UNICAL direct entry through JAMB direct entry form.
- Most populated universities in Nigeria: Top 10
- 7 Characteristic of human rights you don’t know
- List of schools in Nigeria that offers admission easily
- Cheapest universities to study law in Nigeria
- Low tuition fee universities in Canada: Top 10
Above all, both Direct Entry and UTME candidates seeking admission into the University of Calabar are to note that, even after admission has been offered, candidates must pay their acceptance fee within the stipulated time by the school.
This may not be one of the major requirements for admission into the school but it can cause your admission to be revoked by the school authorities and that is why you must take it seriously.
Facts About The University of Calabar (UNICAL) You Should Know
1. It is one of the second-generation universities in Nigeria: The University of Calabar, founded in 1975 as a part of the Federal Military Government’s National Higher Education Expansion Programme, is one of Nigeria’s most prestigious and substantial second-generation universities.
The Federal Military Government of Nigeria announced in April 1975 that seven new universities were to be established in locations around the country by the National Development Plan. One of the seven universities created as a part of this plan was the University of Calabar.
2. It was the campus of the University of Nigeria (UNN): Up until 1975, the University of Calabar served as the campus for the University of Nigeria (UNN). A new campus, the third established by the University of Nigeria at the time, was inaugurated at Calabar, Cross River State, in October 1973. After the University of Nigeria’s Enugu campus opened, the campus operated for around 4 years as an auxiliary campus.
A full-fledged university, presently known as the University of Calabar, was established on the new campus in Calabar.
3. The university contains three Institutes, 10 Faculties, and one Graduate School: In 1976, the University had just 896 students total, distributed across its three faculties of arts, sciences, and social sciences. Currently, the University of Calabar contains 10 Faculties, three Institutes, and one Graduate School.
These include the Faculties of Agriculture, Arts, Education, Law, Management Sciences, Sciences, Social Sciences, Allied Medical Sciences, Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Institute of Education, Institute of Oceanography, and Institute of Policy and Administrative Studies.
This is were I am going to stop on this topic. I believe that since you have known all the requirements for admission into UNICAL this year, you will work with it and gain admission this year.
Meanwhile, make sure you share this information to as many student as you can because, you might save someone from making a very big mistake by doing that. Lastly, I would like to hear from you if you have any question or contribution on 2023/2024 UNICAL Admission process. I would be glad to give answers to your questions.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka, ACMC, is a lawyer and a certified mediator/conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with knowledge in various programming languages. Samuel is determined to leverage his skills in technology, SEO, and legal practice to revolutionize the legal profession worldwide by creating web and mobile applications that simplify legal research. Sam is also passionate about educating and providing valuable information to people.