Top 13 Richest Footballers In The World: Football is, as we all know, the most popular sport in the world today. Hundreds of millions of people throughout the world follow this sport. These players now make a lot of money as football stars because of their fame. Even the weekly wage of most football players today will knock you off your feet.
We can reasonably claim that every major football player is a wealthy athlete. Salary, allowances, bonuses, victories, sponsorship deals, and more. These players amass an incredible amount of riches. Now, in this post, we’ll look at the top ten richest footballers in the world right now. The majority of these footballers are well-known and have millions of admirers around the world.
Recommended: Most Dangerous Sports In The World 2022
Top 13 Wealthiest/Richest Footballers In The World 2023
1. Faiq Bolkiah – $20.12 billion: Fortunately, the richest footballer in the world is probably someone you’ve never heard of. With a net worth of about $20 billion, Faiq is the richest footballer on the planet. This young man, on the other hand, did not make any money through football.
He has a huge net worth as a result of his inheritance. Faiq is the son of Jefri Bolkiah, Brunei’s royal prince. He presently plays for Maritimo as a professional player. Brunei is a small country with an abundance of oil. Faiq opted to pursue a career in football because of his passion for the game. He played for Chelsea, Southampton, Arsenal, and Reading during his youth career in England.
He is now the captain of Brunei’s national football squad. Faiq has scored one goal in all of his six outings. He is still a football player, despite not being as successful as the other superstar football players on this list. He is the richest football player in the world, with a net worth of $20 billion.
Also see: Countries with the Most Handsome Men in the world 2022
2. Lionel Messi – $600 million: Lionel Messi of Argentina is the world’s second richest player. Lionel Messi is undoubtedly Barcelona FC’s most important player. but is present with PSG. He is also one of the world’s most decorated players. He is believed to be one of the most popular players among football fans.
This is due to his playing style, which makes dribbling an opponent look effortless. Lionel is one of the most prolific goal scorers in the sport, with hundreds of assists and important goals. Lionel Messi is currently the highest-paid footballer on the planet.
Lionel Messi has secured various endorsement deals with big businesses such as Adidas, Huawei, Pepsi, Mastercard, Gatorade, and others as a well-known football player. Lionel Messi reportedly earned $28 million from his Pepsi, Gillette, and Turkish Airlines commercials, according to Forbes. Messi has won numerous important honors, including the Ballon d’Or (Record-breaking 7 times).
He has also won other trophies, including FIFA Player of the Year, European Golden Boot, and Golden Ball (2014 World Cup). Messi owns several residences worth millions of dollars as a wealthy footballer. Aside from his residences, he also owns several high-end vehicles, like the Maserati GranTurismo S, Ferrari 335 S Spider Scaglietti, Range Rover Vogue, and others.
Recommended: Football Players With The Most Trophies 2022
3. Cristiano Ronaldo – $500 million: Cristiano Ronaldo is ranked third on this list of the world’s richest footballers. Cristiano Ronaldo is not only one of the wealthiest but also the finest footballers in the world.
Among Ronaldo’s played clubs are Sporting CP, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus, and, most recently, Manchester United. His net worth continues to rise at a quick rate as a result of his various endorsement deals. Cristiano Ronaldo has received numerous prestigious honors, including five Ballon d’Or, FIFA World Player of the Year, European Golden Boot, and numerous others.
Cristiano Ronaldo is currently the most popular athlete on the planet. He has inked endorsement partnerships with companies such as Electronic Arts, Herbalife, Egyptian Steel, DAZN, and many others over the years. Ronaldo is one of the celebs who enjoy driving high-end automobiles.
Only C Ronaldo’s garage is estimated to be worth $5 million. Many important automobiles, such as the Bugatti Veyron, Lamborghini Aventador, Bentley GT, Aston Martin DB9, and others, may be found in his garage. Cristiano Ronaldo is the third richest football player in the world, with an estimated net worth of USD 500 million.
Also see: Richest African Footballers and Their Networth 2022
4. Neymar – $200 million: Neymar is a remarkable performer despite being one of the list’s youngest players. The Brazilian footballer is the fourth richest player in the world. He is presently a winger for Paris-Saint-German.
He is now regarded as one of the best football players in the world. Before to PSG, he played for Barcelona alongside Lionel Messi and Louis Suarez. He is now playing for PSG alongside Lionel Messi. Neymar Jr is the fourth highest-paid football player in the world, according to Forbes.
He earns almost $95 million in total. Several endorsement deals account for around $25 million of this total. He has inked endorsement partnerships with big businesses such as Panasonic, Air Jordan, Nike, L’Oreal, Gillette, and Pumas over the years. As a football player, he has received numerous accolades. Neymar Jr is one of the top ten richest players in the world, with a current net worth of 200 million dollars.
Recommended: Best Midfielders in The History of Football
5. Zlatan Ibrahimovic – $190 million: Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a name that almost every football fan is familiar with. Ibrahimovic is a Swedish football legend and one of the world’s wealthiest players.
He is a Swedish international who now for AC Milan. Ibrahimovic has previously played for Barcelona, Juventus, Ajax, Inter Milan, LA Galaxy, and Manchester United in addition to AC Milan. Ibrahimovic gets over $10 million each year from various sponsorship deals in addition to his playing pay. He has earned numerous lucrative endorsement deals with firms throughout the years.
He has represented his country 116 times, scoring 62 goals. He has three luxury properties in Sweden and a few others across the world. His Swedish properties are thought to be worth a total of $15 million.
In addition to his multiple properties, he has a fleet of expensive cars, including the Lamborghini Gallardo, Maserati Gran Turismo, Ferrari Enzo, and many others. With a net worth of over 190 million dollars, Ibrahimovic is now considered one of the top ten richest footballers in the world.
6. Wayne Rooney – $170 million: Wayne Rooney is a one-of-a-kind footballer. He is currently relaxing in an American club called ‘DC United,’ after winning all major trophies in England and Europe.
Washington, DC is the location of this club. Wayne Rooney joined this club in 2018 and continues to play for them. Rooney is often regarded as one of England’s top attackers. He has amassed a sizable fortune in the football world over the years. Like other renowned athletes.
Rooney has also landed lucrative endorsement deals with a variety of companies throughout the world. Coca-Cola, FIFA, Nokia, Adidas, and a few other corporations have made ties with him. Rooney is one of the top 10 richest players in the world, with a current net worth of around USD 170 million.
Recommended: Reasons Why Ronaldo Is Better Than Messi
7. Gareth Bale – $145 million: Gareth Bale, a Welsh striker, is now the world’s seventh wealthiest football player. He is undoubtedly one of the richest footballers today, with a net worth of $145 million.
Bale was once one of the quickest players on the planet, in addition to being a wealthy footballer. In 2013, he signed for Real Madrid for a world-record £85 million transfer fee. After more than a half-decade at Real Madrid, where he won several big trophies. Bale is rumored to have agreed to join his previous club Tottenham Hotspur, where he was previously playing.
He gets tens of millions of dollars from endorsement deals. Bale has endorsement deals with Nissan, Lucozade, BT Sport, EA Sport, Konami, and Adidas, among others. He is now the Wales National Football Team’s captain. In 85 appearances for his country, the winger has scored 33 goals.
8. Paul Pogba – $125 million: The world famous Paul Pogba comes in at number eight on this list. Pogba is now regarded as one of the best midfielders in the world. He is presently a Manchester United player. Pogba was the most expensive player when he joined Manchester United from Juventus for €105 million. His current weekly pay is around £290,000.
His Adidas sponsorship deal is reported to be worth well over $30 million per year. Apart from being a footballer, Pogba is also the owner of a real estate company worth £2.6 million. Pogba, like his colleagues, has a garage full of luxury cars and houses.
He has a Lamborghini Aventador, a Ferrari 912, a Rolls Royce Wraith, and several other automobiles. He is presently ranked eighth among the top ten richest footballers in the world, with a net worth of $125 million.
Also see: Countries with the Most Handsome Men in the world 2022
9. Andres Iniesta – $120 million: Another well-known footballer who has made this list of the world’s wealthiest footballers is Andres Iniesta. Iniesta is a Barcelona icon and one of the greatest midfielders of all time. He is still one of the wealthiest footballers in the world, despite no longer playing for Barcelona or the Spanish national team.
He is presently a Visel Kobe member (a Japanese football team). While still in Barcelona, Iniesta used to earn a whopping $240,000 each week. Each year, this amounted to USD 11.5 million. After leaving Barcelona, he signed a contract with Visel Kobe. At his new squad, he now earns $600,000 each week. This is one of the main reasons why his net worth has recently improved.
Iniesta is a club owner as well as a football player. He presently owns the most shares ($400,000) in the Albacete Football Club in Spain. Iniesta is rumored to own a gorgeous mansion in Spain valued at around 4 million dollars. He also owns several additional homes and luxury cars in addition to this home. Iniesta’s Salary He is the ninth wealthiest football player in the world, with a net worth of $120 million.
10. Eden Hazard – $100 million: Former Chelsea star ‘Eden Hazard’ is presently the world’s tenth richest footballer. He is a Belgian professional footballer. He is now a winger for Real Madrid.
Real Madrid presently pays Eden Hazard approximately 500,000 pounds per week. Hazard is now one of the wealthiest footballers in the world, thanks to his numerous endorsement deals and huge pay. He has secured deals with Toops, Sina Sports, and Lotus Bakeries, among others.
The footballer currently has a large mansion in Spain valued at around $12 million, as well as a fleet of costly cars. He is presently valued at $100 million, making him one of the top ten richest football players in the world.
Recommended: Richest States in the US Right Now
11. Kylian Mbappé: Mbappé is one of the highest earning footballers in the world. His net worth is estimated at 95 million dollars. Mbappé, born on 20th December 1998 in Paris, France, is a professional footballer who plays for the France National team. Mbappe’s football career officially started when with him playing for AS Monaco FC in 2015. bIn 2017, Mbappé signed for Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) which is the club he is currently playing for. His transfer to PSG was worth 180 million pounds, thereby making him the most costly teenage player in Paris Saint-Germain.
Since his stay with the PSG, he has achieved several recognitions which include being the top goal-scorer, FIFA best young player and so on. Mbappé is remarkable for his dribbling skill, speed and finishing. The Forbes has ranked Mbappé as the highest paid athlete in the world 2022. The renowned player is worth over 15 million dollar endorsement deals.
Also see: Richest Provinces In Canada By GDP 2022: Top 10
12. Mohammed Salah: Mohammed Salah is one of the richest footballers existence with an estimated net worth of 90 million dollars. Mohammed Salah was born on 15th June 1992 in Nagrig, Basyoun, Egypt. He currently plays forward, 11, for Liverpool F.C. Salah also plays for the Egypt national team. Moh Salah is a highly famous and a top best player in the world. His exceptional advantage includes his speed, dribbling skill and finishing ability.
Prior to his football career with Liverpool which began in 2017, MoH Salah had played for AC Mokawloon, Basel, Chelsea, Fiorentia, and Roma. Salah has recorded several resounding achievements in the football career, particularly with Liverpool FC. Moh Salah earns up to 11 pounds from partnerships and endorsement deals with entities like Pepsi, Adidas, Uber, Vodafone and so on. Salah is reputable for his charitable exhibitions.
Recommended: Best Productivity Apps for iPhone & Android
13. Robert Lewandoski: Robert Lewandoski has an estimated net worth of 85 million dollars. Lewandoski was born on 21st August 1988 in Warsaw, Poland. He currently plays number 9 for Barcelona F.C. He equally plays for the Poland national team. Lewandoski is a renowned striker and a very successful player, having recorded over 600 goals in his football career.
Prior to his engagement with Barcelona FC, Lewandoski had played for Delta Warsaw, Legia Warsaw II, Znicz Pruszków II, Lech Poznań, Borussia, Dortmund and Bayern Munich. Lewandoski is into endorsement deals with entities like Nike, EA Sports, Opel, Huawei, Oshee, CoverGirl, etc.
Recommended: Richest Women in Africa and their Networth 2023
The richest footballers are not necessarily the best footballers. But one thing that is significant is that being the best or at the top of the game increases the player’s net worth. This is because being at the top increases a player’s salary and endorsement opportunities. Inversely therefore, a top player is a rich player. It is evident in the above list that the richest players are actually top players.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.