Countries With The Best Quality of Life: Life is amazing, it is even more amazing when the basic necessaries of life are made available to make life easy, comfortable and enjoyable. One of the roles of government is the provision of security, social amenities and viable economy for the citizens. In recent time, Institutional instability has grossly affected the growth and stability of economy and social structure of many Nations. Ranging from man-made events like war, corruption and bad leadership to natural occurrences such as pandemic, epidemics, tsunami, earthquakes, and others tend to contribute to Institutional instability that invariably impact the Nation’s economy.
No country is proud to be a failure however, most Countries of the world has been recorded to have an alarming rate of deplorable economy resulting in an overwhelming number of the population plunged into abject poverty.
Notwithstanding the phenomenon, some countries has shown great economic vibrancy and stability contrary to the results shown by their counterparts. Some of the factors that has contributed to the growth of countries and their economies includes good governance, political stability, absence of corruption, technological advancement and prioritization of industry and education.
These can be well observed among the developed countries and economies. A Country that has and experiences a viable economy invariably translates to the availability of basic necessaries of life for the citizens which are often provided by the government. The citizens experience a reasonable standard of good life and security. In such societies, some of the things considered as luxury in impoverished and moribund economies and Countries. This like decent housing, reliable means of transportation, maximum security and employment become accessible to the citizens.
In this article, we will be taking a look at some of the countries around the world with the best quality of life for their citizens which invariably reflects through their overall standard of living. The basic standard for measuring countries with the best quality of life includes; affordability of basic necessities, the quality of jobs available, the county’s economic stability, the stability and equality of income, the county’s political stability, overall safety of lives and properties, quality of the public health system and also, the quality of country’s educational system.
Recommended: Top 10 agricultural countries in the world
Top 12 Countries In The World With The Best Quality Of Life 2023
1. CANADA: Canada can be said to be relatively low in population with its population below 50 million. It is one of the most improved Countries in the world with a favorable standard of living for her citizens. With about 70% of the population between employable ages of 15 to 65 are gainfully employed with paid jobs. Over two-third of her population had attained basic education.
The level of communal friendliness and is also plausible. The health sector is one of the best, it boasts of providing basic medical care for the citizens and the life expectancy of an average Canadian is estimated to reach 84 years. There is political stability and citizens participation shows to have reached over 69% Canada is one of the countries in the world with the best quality of life for both citizens and visitors to the country.
2. SWITZERLAND: Living in Switzerland is one of the best experience. It is one of the best places to be in the world and one of the countries with the best quality of life. Over 80% of the citizens are gainfully employed and are well paid. With an outstanding economic stability, above average educational standard and political stability, Switzerland has been ranked as one of the countries with the best health care system. The life expectancy of the citizens have been established to be above 84.
The lifestyle experienced in the country is one that is rare, polite and respectful set of individuals, adhering to basic principles of social order such as punctuality and decorum in both formal and informal gatherings. With high sanitation standard and serene environment with clement weather conditions. It is also noteworthy how friendly it can be notwithstanding the cultural diversity.
Also see: Countries with the lowest cost of living in the world
3. AUSTRALIA: The country is one of the wealthiest in the world with great and viable economic system. With over 73% of the working class citizens gainfully employed, over 90% of the population attained basic education. The standard of living in Australia is quite cozy and affordable. The health sector is very functional, so also the education sector.
They run a stable Government, over 90 percent of the population are politically aware and active and confident in the political system. The security status of the country is recognized as up to standard and operational, reducing the rate of crime and violence to its barest minimum. Life expectancy is also above 83 even though above 83, some variation is expected based on the gender. Australia is one of the few Countries with the best quality of life and a place to raise a family.
4. NETHERLANDS: With over 78 percent of the working class citizens gainfully employed and sufficiently paid, the working hours are relatively comfortable with the workers. The country take great pride in its health and educational sector that is rated above average. With life expectancy rate pegged above 83, the country’s security system and agencies operate within highest standard of Professionalism and abhors corrupt practices.
With over 90 percent of the population educated, the citizens express their political will freely as the country enjoys political stability. It has a great environment and natural landscapes for indoor and outdoor activities in both formal and informal settings. It is one of the top 10 Countries in the world with the best quality of life.
Also see: Habits Of Unsuccessful People You Should Avoid: Top 10
5. SWEDEN: Sweden has been rated one if the most peaceful Countries in the world. When it comes to employment, over 75% of the citizens within employable age are gainfully employed and well paid. There’s high security system and above average educational standard with functional health care system in the country.
Citizens are relatively comfortable and happy with the system. It remains one of the best place to live in the world.
6. NEW ZEALAND: The country has a relatively low population which contributes to its wealth and sufficiency of the Country’s resources. The employment rate is quite high and people of employable age are engaged in meaningful employment with very high wages.
The political structure is stable and viable, devoid of gross corruption, it has health care sector that operates above average. Education enjoys priority and the economy remains viable. It is one of the best Countries in the world with the best quality of life.
Also see: Countries with the best education system in the world
7. DENMARK: With a population slightly above 5 million, the country welcomes over 20 million visitors yearly and this has been as a result of the Country’s hospitality to both her citizens and visitors. The country is one of the few Countries with stable political structure, viable economy and sound educational standard and health care system that is above average.
The security system in Denmark is considered one of the best in the world. It is one of the countries in the world with the best quality of life for both citizens and visitors alike.
8. GERMANY: Germany has been attributed to be one of the countries that experienced early civilization and industrialization and these has accounted for her level of development and all round prosperity. It has one of the best security system in the world and their health care system can be attested to by other countries of the world as they welcome and care for numerous patients yearly from all over the world.
They have the best educational system in the world and the origin and works of early philosophers can be traced back to the country. The system has a very favorable employment policy and there is great regard for the legal system. It affords her citizens the best life any government can afford and creates a favorable economy for other private sector to thrive.
Recommended: Countries With Highest Crime Rates in the World
9. NORWAY: Norway also has a relatively low population that is slightly above 5 million. The country’s security system is one of the best anywhere in the world. The system favorably creates gainful employment for her citizens with sufficient wages to afford them their basic needs.
The health sector is very functional and their education sector is the envy of many Nations. The citizens are friendly and hospitable, the country has enviable social structures in place to make life enjoyable and the life expectancy rate of citizens are relatively high. It is one of the best Countries with great quality of life in the world.
10. FINLAND: Finland is not left out as it is one of the top 10 Countries with the best quality of life in the world. The country’s population is also low, it enjoys the best medical and academic experience set up by the government. The country operates a stable political structure and a functional employment structure for her citizens within employment age.
The system created a stable economy and an enabling environment for her citizens to thrive. Finland is one of the top 12 Countries in the world with the best quality of life.
Recommended: Best Countries To Study Abroad
11. Luxembourg: Luxembourg is a tiny nation situated in Western Europe that has gained a reputation for its exceptional standard of living. According to several international surveys, Luxembourg is regularly counted among the countries with the finest quality of life globally. It is one of the wealthiest European nations and takes pride in its stable political climate and resilient economy.
Furthermore, Luxembourg provides its citizens with a remarkable level of social and environmental benefits such as universal healthcare, low crime rates, top-notch education, and an unpolluted environment. The country is a melting pot of different cultures and languages, with inhabitants from all corners of the world. Due to these factors, Luxembourg is a desirable location for those in search of a secure and prosperous environment to enjoy a high-quality lifestyle.
Also see: Best Rappers In Africa
12. Austria: Austria is a country in Central Europe known for its breathtaking landscapes, rich culture, and high quality of life. It consistently ranks among the top countries with the best quality of life in the world, offering its citizens and residents excellent healthcare, education, and social benefits.
Austria boasts a strong economy, a low unemployment rate, and a highly skilled workforce. The country is also renowned for its world-class arts and cultural scene, featuring world-class museums, music, and theater. Additionally, Austria is home to many beautiful cities and towns, including Vienna, Salzburg, and Innsbruck, that attract tourists from all over the world. Overall, Austria’s blend of natural beauty, cultural richness, and exceptional quality of life make it a highly desirable place to live and visit.
Recommended: How to Know An Intelligent Person
In conclusion, some Countries has distinguished themselves in terms of administration and has upheld the social contract that exists between the people and the government. These Countries offer citizens and visitors alike the best life experience. The statistics used in the article has been recorded by Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD).
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.